I offer bespoke, 1:1 employment support services for disabled adults. I have an unseen disability myself, and work from a social model of disability.
I draw on a varied and unique personal history which has seen me be a care worker to disabled children; manage a pet supplies shop; work in nightclubs; work as a business manager to musicians; work as an office manager and a sole-charge bookkeeper to a wide range of companies (from charity to carpentry to healthcare); provide sighted research, editorial, and administrative support services to visually impaired academics; design and implement bespoke administrative systems to a broad range of SMEs; provide freelance web design services (WordPress-based); be a personal trainer and nutrition coach; work as an outreach mentor to young people with special educational and mental health needs; and finally, gain a PhD and subsequently have a high degree of (qualitative) research experience. And that’s just the employment side! My hobbies include: making my own clothes, hand weaving, making collages, writing, growing plant babies, and reading.
As will be evident from my rather eclectic life, I have spent a long time searching for a Tank-shaped hole. It took me until I was 46 to realise there isn’t one: I have to make it myself. (I can be a really slow learner sometimes!) Now I would like to draw on my abundance of experience to help other irregularly shaped people make their own space. I imagine my 10,000 Services as helping individuals to erect the supportive fence around themselves that they need to participate fully in their working life, and all done in a bespoke, warm, flexible, and friendly way.
I therefore provide the following support services:
- Listening, brainstorming, and coaching sessions to enable the individual to develop their career goals;
- Signpost to workshops, training, and formal educational provision, if necessary;
- Signpost to other support services, as necessary;
- Help the individual understand the reasonable adjustments they need to enable them to participate fully in the workplace;
- Provide advice and advocacy services for the individual in relation to their reasonable adjustments, including negotiating with their employer and Access to Work;
- Provide business management services for self-employed disabled entrepreneurs;
- Provide consultancy services to employers in respect of their current, future, and prospective disabled employees;
- Provide consultancy services to employers in respect of Access to Work funding for their employees’ reasonable adjustments.
I am happy to work with disabled individuals at whatever stage of the journey they are on. Please email me at 10000[at]tankgreen.com for more information.