I offer bespoke support services for a wide range of individuals and small businesses. I draw on a varied and unique personal history which has seen me gain a humanities PhD and subsequently have a high level of writing, editorial, and qualitative research expertise, especially in respect of equalities; be a personal trainer and nutrition coach; work as a business manager to musicians; work as an office manager and a sole-charge bookkeeper to a wide range of companies (from charity to carpentry to healthcare); be a PA and provide sighted research, editorial, and administrative support services to visually impaired academics; provide academic coaching to students from non-traditional backgrounds; design and implement bespoke administrative systems to a broad range of SMEs; provide freelance WordPress web design services; work in and run nightclubs; manage shops; work as an outreach mentor to young people with special educational and mental health needs; and be a care worker to disabled children. And that’s just the employment side! My hobbies include: making my own clothes, hand weaving, making collages, writing, growing plant babies, and reading.
As will be evident from my rather eclectic life, I have spent a long time searching for a Tank-shaped hole. It took me until I was 46 to realise there isn’t one: I have to make it myself. (I can be a really slow learner sometimes!) Now I would like to draw on my abundance of experience to help other irregularly shaped people make their own space. I imagine my 10,000 Services as helping individuals to erect the supportive fence around themselves (and their micro and small businesses) that they need to participate fully in their working and academic life, and all done in a bespoke, warm, flexible, and friendly way.
I have a particular interest in supporting disabled entrepreneurs and employees. I have an unseen disability myself, and work from a social model of disability.
I can provide the following support services:
- Writing and editorial services (I’m a boss at turning disordered writing into strong and succinct narrative);
- Qualitative research services, especially if related to equalities;
- Solving problems, and creating structure and order for your business;
- Personal training and nutrition coaching especially for people at the beginning of their journey towards health;
- Academic coaching at all stages of higher education for students from non-traditional backgrounds;
- Business and financial management services for entrepreneurs from all backgrounds;
- Support services for disabled workers including related to workplace adjustments (aka reasonable adjustments) and negotiating with your employer and/or Access to Work.
Please email me at sme[at]tankgreen.com for more information.
I also offer FREE academic coaching to people from working class backgrounds (with certain restrictions). If you are the first in your family to go to university, please contact me if you need any help, advice, or coaching at any point in your academic career.